Task: The participant should model the nails of stillet shape, combining in the competitive work his/her skills in various techniques of the nails decoration and design and technical aspects of modeling. Competitive works will be evaluated based on a combination of technical and artistic criteria. Nail modeling should be performed on forms. The work time for the competitors is 150 minutes. During this time, the participant should model the nails of stillet shape with aquarium design and, if desired, with a surface design on one hand of the model, the second hand should be modeled in advance and ready before the start of the competition by 100%.
1. Each participant must have his/her own model for work. Nails of the model, with which the participant works in the competition field, should not have any coatings and remains of artificial material. Manicure can be done in advance.
2. Before the start of the competition hands of the models must be checked by a technical judge with filling of special "nail-check" sheets, where initial state of the nails and cuticle are noted.
3. If any deviations are detected, the technical judge fixes them in the "nail-check" sheets and notifies the judicial panel about these issues.
4. It is allowed to use a milling machine.
5. For modeling both acrylic and gel technology can be used - on the choice of the participant. It is also possible to combine technologies.
6. It is allowed to use colored gels, acrylics, gel-paints, various decorations for nail art (rhinestones, brooches, spangles, feathers, chains, except for Fimo and ready-made 3D ornaments).
7. Design should be both aquarium and on the surface of the nails, without restrictions, but not more than 5 mm over the surface of the nail. The aquarium design should occupy not less than 50% of the entire composition. French modeling (decorative French) may be performed, but it will not be evaluated separately (however, in the case of mistakes made in the smile line zone, points for design smoothness may be deducted).
8. Gel finish coating or ordinary finish coating should be applied. It is forbidden: to prepare forms and/or to put them on the fingers of the model before the start of the competition; it is forbidden to use stickers, sliders, ready-made factory figures or any other prepared in advance design elements.
9. The model must have an image in accordance with the style chosen by the participant (clothing, hairstyle, make-up, accessories). The image should be prepared in advance. The ready image presented in the work within this nomination (namely: costume, key accessories and ornaments) should not be used earlier on any championships, contests, festivals, projects, posters, etc. Otherwise, the work will be disqualified and withdrawn from participation in the competition without return of the entrance fee for participation.
It is forbidden: to prepare forms and/or to put them on the fingers of the model before the start of the competition; it is forbidden to use stickers, sliders, ready-made factory figures, any other prepared in advance design elements.
Length of nails must be the same and proportional.
Shape of nails must be the same without any deviations, and be of the same angle of constriction.
- Side lines (max. 10 points)
Side lines of nail must be even and symmetric.
- Lenghtwise arch, apex (max. 10 points)
Nail must be even and have the same height from the side view.
The highest point (apex) must have the same height for all the nails and must have the same placement on them.
- Cross arch (convex) (max. 10 points)
Nail must be even and have the same height from the side view. Nail must be without a notch, gap and be smooth, when looking at it from the side. The cross arch must smoothly change its curve from a cuticle to the free edge, without a hole, bump and drip.
- Thickness (max. 10 points)
Thickness of the free edge should be not over than 2,5 mm.
- Inner arch (concave) (max. 10 points)
In the front view, the tunnels must be equally symmetrical, centric, neither side should be elevated.
- Color solution (max. 10 points)
Professionalism and accuracy of salon manicure (cuticle, coating, design). Common impression of look, hands and nails.
- Originality (max. 10 points)
The fulfilled work must differ with extraordinary approach. Did master succeed in making own original style of work?
- Composition and arrangement (max. 10 points)
This criterion is to assess the whole look of the following work, its dynamics. Harmony and distribution of elements and colors in work. Keeping the balance between elements of design, considering the whole area of nail. Overload of a picture or emptiness.
- View from above, quality of fulfillment/accuracy of design (max. 10 points)
Material must be evenly transparent. Pattern must be of pure color (not “dirty”), borders of color must be clear. This criterion is to assess the quality of all the worked details, their tiny size, as well as accuracy of work.
- Degree of complexity (wide range of techniques to use) (max. 20 points)
For work should be the following techniques used: inner and aquarium design, work on details due to hand-painting. It’s possible to fulfil the superficial or volume design, but the height shouldn’t exceed 5 mm. Skills of using all these techniques are assessed.
For the inner design should the hand-painting prevail. Higher points are for the aquarium compositions got, which are made not of the white acrylic/gel, and next painted, but made of color acrylic/gel.
- Depth of picture (max. 10 points)
Nail picture must be complex.
This criterion is to assess the “depth” of aquarium design, which has been created not due to the thickness of material, but due to applying the light-and-shade techniques.
- Matching the look (max. 20 points)
Does the made design suit the following look, does it suit the model’s image? Does it emphasize the specialties of clothing silhouette, its color and fabric’s stuffing? Is this design the last word in creating the following look?
- Common impression (max. 10 points)
Common impression of work in whole. Harmony, accuracy, level of work complexity. Arrangement of picture on each nail and on each hand as well.
- FINE POINTS (max. 20 points)
Fine points are given in following cases:
• During procedure, if a model has been hurt, which is expressed with the cuts of cuticle, overfiling of natural nails, etc. (max. 5 points);
• If the dirt, dust or oil is present under nails, or on the skin (max. 5 points);
• 10 fine points are given by the one of judges in case of presence on the hands of model of distinctive signs: scars, bruises, tattoos, warts, scorches, etc.
I place - 700 $
II place – 500 $
III place – 400 $